Tuesday, May 13, 2008


That day in Tokyo, while we were filming So Simple 2, I sat where Peifen is sitting in this picture. The spot was near the treehouse cafe featured in episode 7. It was in a very quiet and simple neighborhood, despite being smack in the middle of the city. The buildings, all not more than 5 storeys tall, were quietly leaning on one another. Looking neighborly, like old friends. The sprightly looking vending machines made passers-by stop in their tracks and take the time to glance over the neighborhood as they waited for their drinks. As I sat there with a can of warm milk tea in my hand, I noticed nothing special nor nothing shouting for attention. Yet, in that state of nothingness, there was a strong feeling of peace and comfort. And in that state of peace and comfort, I was able to see beauty in everything. That beauty which is introverted and diginified. And Tokyo has plenty.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

more often then u realise, u end up buried in ur thoughts and forget to appreciate the simplicity of the things around u. i guess u just need to stop and look back sometimes.

jun.

Anonymous said...

Hi mian, I started watchin the repeats and realised tho season 1 was refreshing as a tv show, season 2 was more inspirational for people in the creative fields. The perspectives offered by the creative foreigners opened my eyes and mind. In comparison, some of our Singaporean profiles seemed lacking in passion. They just couldn't hold my attention as well as the Taiwanese or Japanese do. You don't see the glow in their eyes. Perhaps they places we live in do have some affect our outlook and the way we express ourselves. Sigh!

Anonymous said...

...sorry about the typo errors... i'm anal like you... - h.a.

Anonymous said...

佩芬好像在发呆。。。哈哈哈!不过还是很漂亮。请问她身上那件外套是她的私藏还是造型师安排的服装?我一直想问那里可以买?

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a avid follower of So Simple, both season 1 and 2. It is not only an informative show, but also very attractive. The other show, Find Me A Singaporean, also by the same production company, is another of my favorite. I really have to applaud your company, for bringing to the audience such great productions. I don't watch a lot of mediacorp shows but I must say, good things are hard to resist. GOod things like So Simple and Find Me A Singaporean. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

hi,i thank you, on behalf of threesixzero productions, for your encouragment. we will continue to do our best to bring the best to the audience.